Yahoo: Delicious not to be closed but up for sale
Posted: 17 Dec 2010 12:52 PM PST
There has been many talks going on about Delicious being removed or closed by Yahoo!. It has just been disclosed by Yahoo! that they are selling Delicious to some other company but not closing it down.
In their blog they had mentioned that Yahoo will not shut down Delicious they just want a new home for it. That means they are going to sell it. According to the blog they said
Many of you have read the news stories about Delicious that began appearing yesterday. We’re genuinely sorry to have these stories appear with so little context for our loyal users. While we can’t answer each of your questions individually, we wanted to discuss what we can at this stage and we promise to keep you posted as future plans get finalized.
Things they made clear:
- Delicious is not going to be closed.
- No need to remove your book marks from there.
- Delicious is being sold to some other company.
Things they did not make clear:
- Who is going to buy Delicious?
- Why did they take more than 24 hours to make it clear?
If you know any answer to these questions feel free to share them with me through the comments below. Who will own Delicious ,next?
- Yahoo Cooking Up a Delicious Demise?
- New Apps and Widgets on Yahoo Mail, My Yahoo, Yahoo Connected TV and Zimbra
- Yahoo Pulse: Yet another mistake by Yahoo?
- Multiple Yahoo Messenger Hack – Using Many Yahoo Accounts at once!
SharePoint Team Lead , Office 365 consultant