Posted: 02 Feb 2011 10:00 PM PST
Do you want your blog on Blogger get listed on Google Search? For that you first need to submit a Sitemap to Google through Google Webmaster Central Tool.
For those who don’t know what a sitemap really is, it is a file(.xml, etc.) containing all the links available on your website/blog which helps a Search Engine crawl your blog/website better and index it.
Here in this tutorial I will tell you How to Add your Blogger Sitemap to Google (even if you’re using Feed Burner).
How To Add Your Blog To Google Webmaster Tool
- Adding your blog to Google Webmaster Tool is very easy, all you have to do is log in to your Blogger Account. After logging in, the Blogger Dashboard will show up.
- Now scroll down the page and click on Webmaster Tools (Under ‘Other Stuff‘).
- You will be redirected to Google Webmaster Tool Dashboard. There you’ll see a message asking you to add your blogs to Webmaster Tools, just select the sites you want to and click on Add.
- Once your blog has been added, Go To Webmaster Central Dashboard >> Click on your Site Name under ‘Sites‘
- After clicking on your site’s name, you’ll then see a page similar to the image below:
- Now click on Sitemaps under Site Configuration.
- Click on Submit a Sitemap and you’ll will then be prompted to fill in your sitemap’s address. Now follow the steps given below.
If you are not using Feedburner:
Fill in the site map as atom.xml OR rss.xml and click on Submit.
If you are using Feedburner:
Fill in the sitemap as atom.xml?redirect=false and click on Submit.
After submitting your blog’s sitemap, wait for sometime and then reload the page. Now a green tick should appear in front of your sitemap URL (this means that your sitemap is valid), if it is replaced by a red cross then it means that you sitemap is not valid (Recheck the Sitemap URL again and then resubmit).
Now, all you have to do is wait for Google to index your blog’s links on Google Search. Yes, it will take some time to get your blog indexed on Google (maybe 2-5 days).
Did you find this tip useful? Do drop in your comments.
- 8 Common Mistakes Every Webmaster/Blogger Should Avoid
- Google’s Search Box for Blogger
- Blogger + Adsense Hack: Show ads after each post to earn more from your blogger beta blog!
- Give your suggestions and feedback about blogger in Google Moderator page.
— This Post How To Add Blogger Sitemap To Google Webmaster Central is Published on Devils Workshop .