Posted: 09 Jan 2011 01:40 AM PST
Using CD’s has been out of fashion today with the increasing trend of using Pendrives (Flash drives). Pen drives have now become an eternal part of our storage devices arcade and are even used for installation of Operating system on your PC which was once traditionally done using CD-ROMs. I would like to introduce a tool called “Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool” which lets you create bootable version of your Operating system ISO file directly to your USB Pendrive or DVD. The tool comes directly from Microsoft Store and is available Free of Cost for Licensed users.
Steps to use the USB tool (post-installation)
1. Using the Start menu, run the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
2. Select the source file (.iso) using the Browse button from your Computer. The window shall look somewhat like this:
Note: You can create an ISO file of the Setup through software like WinZip or 7-zip. Even your CD Burning software are able to create an ISO file or popularly known as “Image files”.
3. Select an option whether you want to create a Bootable USB device for installation or a burn to a DVD. In our case, we will go for USB Device.
4. Insert the Pendrive to your machine and select the appropriate drive as given below.
5. After this, press the button “Begin Copying”. If the Pendrive is not empty, it will ask you to format the pendrive.
6. Once formatting is done, it will automatically begin to copy the ISO file contents onto your Pendrive.
If you are using the tool on Windows XP Operating system, remember the following two things:
- You must have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed on your PC [Download here].
- Microsoft Image Mastering API v2 should be pre-installed [Download here].
The final output will be that your Pendrive will become a Bootable source and you can boot and install Windows 7 to your PC without any hassles and even when your CD drive is not working. There are lots of such tools available online for Free however with Microsoft providing such a tool, its easy to trust that we are using the right software.
LINK: Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool
- Add Background Image For Your Pendrive
- Download Complete Windows Live Essentials 2011 Offline Installer
- How to Install phpBB Forum Manually on 000webhost
- Solution: Accessing Linux files (partitions) from Windows!