Posted: 09 Jan 2012 05:05 AM PST
After Google released Android 4.0 on a phone with the Galaxy Nexus, it probably started getting a lot of phone makers interested in releasing a new phone or even a tablet that runs on Android 4.0.
It seems Lenovo has managed to go a step ahead and has created a TV set that runs on Android. Lenovo has named it K91.
Lenovo K91 – First TV to run on Andorid 4.0 Features
- The K91 TV is called Smart TV and it will run on a dual core processor.
- The TV will come with a 55-inch screen that supports 3D HD.
- As it runs on Android it will also support Android apps that will make the TV set a lot more interactive. It will probably mean a Android phone could double up as a remote.
- A really cool feature is a 5 megapixel camera which might be helpful for video conferencing or even locking the TV for children based on face recognition.
The blurring line between gadgets…
Lenovo K91 is not the only smart tv that will be coming out this yet. Chances are Apple will unveil one and Google TV will show off what it can do after last year’s launch.
It seems that the line between gadgets is blurring and basic use of computers is becoming merged. Email, browsing capabilities become common place for a TV set in the near future, then the end of desktop PC is probably a lot nearer than we thought before.
What are your views on TV sets running OS from mobile phones? Do drop in your comments.
- Lenovo Launches Android Based Tablets in India
- Lenovo and HP gives free upgrade to Windows 7
- Lenovo T-series laptop promises 30 hours of battery life!
- Nokia Launches Lumia 800 in India: Runs on Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango)
— This Post Lenovo Launches a TV set that will run on Android 4.0 is Published on Devils Workshop .